Community and Economic Development
An invitation to Brunswick
This will be a paragraph or statement from Grant, welcoming companies to relocate or build here in Brunswick. We offer great schools, community, commute and value… This will be a paragraph or statement from Grant, welcoming companies to relocate or build here in Brunswick. We offer great schools, community, commute and value…
(BUTTON LINK TO BROCHURE HERE)
Grant R. Aungst,
Director of Community and Economic Development
Some of the major responsibilities of the Community and Economic Development department include the following:
- Basic city planning activities, including liaison to the Brunswick City Planning Commission
- Brunswick’s annual Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program
- Brunswick Town Center project
- Pearl and Center Road Corridor Plan
- The Updated Comprehensive Plan will provide Brunswick residents with a direction for future growth through the year 2020. A Comprehensive Plan is a vision for a community; the Plan looks to balance development, needed services, and community character to secure a high quality of life for all residents. This Plan will enable the City to have a policy guide and blueprint for future development that illustrates a commitment to the existing quality of life that residents now enjoy. The Plan was adopted by City Council on November 28, 2005, Ordinance No. 130-05. The Plan was prepared by Buffalo, New York consulting firm Peter J. Smith and Company, with assistance from a steering committee of Brunswick residents.
WorkLocal.net lists jobs in Medina County with the ability to search by individual cities.
The PY 2018 CHIP application is available and can be downloaded here. Funding is for owner rehabilitation and owner home repair. Please note applicants must contact Judy Miller at 330-410-6581 with the Ohio Regional Development Corporation to schedule an appointment to submit their 2018 CHIP application, as they will no longer be accepted at the Division of Building.
Community Reinvestment Area
Could you remodel or upgrade your residence and be eligible for tax abatement? The Community Reinvestment Area program offers incentives to make certain improvements (such as additions and enlargements) to your home, and earn a property tax reduction for a fixed number of years.
Read the brochure to find out more!
Ohio Means Jobs
Ohio Means Jobs is an online service connecting hundreds of thousands of jobs to Ohio job seekers.